AUDITION: trainee performer/actor/dancer (m/f/x) for PINK PORTAL by Cecilia Moisio
Time: Thursday 17th of March 2022 / 10:00 – 16:00. Possible call-back in last week of March.
Location: ccAmstel, Cullinanplein 1, Amsterdam
Dance theatre performance PINK PORTAL is the next step in the line of feministic performances by choreographer and director Cecilia Moisio, set to premiere at Julidans 2022. The project is designed to break taboos surrounding the female body and female sexuality and reflects on centuries of control, criticism, austerity, shame and censorship.
PINK PORTAL will be an informative, funny but also emotional performance about a woman’s body – from her first menstruation to her menopause. The title says it all: PINK PORTAL is one of the countless nicknames for the vagina. Because the actual terms are not used about the female body and female sexuality, her natural processes are belittled, named unrealistic or ‘dirty’. Moisio wants to call on every woman – or those who identify as a woman – to stand up for their own body and sexuality. Regardless of their age, cultural background or social status.
Click here for more information about Cecilia Moisio.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
– You feel at ease with different genres: you are an actor who can move well or a dancer with acting qualities;
– Singing qualities are a big plus;
– You are independent and can work analytically;
– You have a strong personality on stage and are not afraid to show both your extreme and vulnerable sides;
– You are connected to your feminine energy;
– You are open to detailed choreography in combination with text. We advise you to familiarize yourself with Cecilia Moisio’s work before you sign up.
– You are available in the following periods: rehearsals and premiere May 10th till 20th and June 2nd to July 12th, 2022. Tour: from the premiere on July 11th till December 2022.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
You will receive a monthly internship allowance. You follow this internship as part of your education.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR THE AUDITION
Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org before March 14, 2022:
– CV with photo, date of birth and nationality (pdf);
– Link to short video in which you move, act, speak and/or sing.
Note: There will be an initial selection based on CVs and submitted videos. After the first audition day, a first selection is made. The second audition day will follow in the last week of March.